Candace is a playable Cryo character in Genshin Impact. She is a support character who can apply Cryo status to enemies and allies, increasing damage dealt and decreasing damage taken respectively. In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at Candace’s abilities, constellations, and recommended builds.
Abilities of Candace
- Normal Attack: Candace attacks with her weapon, dealing Cryo damage.
- Charged Attack: Candace charges up her weapon to release a powerful Cryo blast that deals AOE damage.
- Elemental Skill: Candace creates an Ice Pillar that deals Cryo damage to enemies and provides Cryo status to allies. This skill can also be used to reach higher places.
- Elemental Burst: Candace unleashes a frigid blast that deals Cryo damage to enemies and grants Cryo status to allies in the area.
Passives of Candace
- 1st Ascension Passive – Frostbite: Candace’s normal attack hits have a chance to reduce the target’s Cryo resistance, making them more vulnerable to Cryo damage.
- 4th Ascension Passive – Icy Heart: Candace’s Elemental Skill and Burst will have their cooldowns reduced when she triggers a Cryo elemental reaction.
Constellations of Candace
- Frost Flow: Increases the level of Candace’s Elemental Burst.
- Polar Climate: Candace’s Ice Pillar will create an additional Ice Crystal, which can be picked up to heal nearby allies.
- Frozen Domain: Candace’s Elemental Skill increases the Cryo damage dealt by allies in the area.
- Ice Age: When Candace’s Elemental Burst ends, all nearby enemies will have their Cryo resistance reduced.
- Cryogenic Sacrifice: When Candace’s Ice Pillar is destroyed, it will deal Cryo damage to nearby enemies.
- Frozen Maelstrom: Increases the level of Candace’s Elemental Skill.
- Cryo Support Build: This build focuses on maximizing Candace’s ability to apply Cryo status to enemies and allies. Prioritize building elemental mastery and energy recharge, as well as increasing the duration and strength of Candace’s Elemental Skill and Burst. Recommended artifacts include Noblesse Oblige and Blizzard Strayer.
- Cryo DPS Build: This build focuses on maximizing Candace’s Cryo damage output. Prioritize building Cryo damage, critical hit rate, and attack power. Recommended artifacts include Blizzard Strayer and Gladiator’s Finale.
- Defensive Build: This build focuses on Candace’s ability to provide Cryo status to allies, decreasing damage taken. Prioritize building HP, defense, and energy recharge. Recommended artifacts include Maiden Beloved and Tenacity of the Millelith.
Candace is a versatile Cryo character who can provide valuable support to any team composition. With the right build and playstyle, she can apply Cryo status to enemies, increase damage dealt by allies, and provide a strong defensive presence on the battlefield.